Showcattle.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : ALL SEMEN SELLERS
 SRB Farming
Trial Account

System.__ComObject
12/17/2014 7:57:51 AM reply with quote send message to SRB Farming Object to Post   

This is an appeal to Admin, please can you clear out old semen for example:

www.showcattle.com/cattle.aspx?name=PHG%20GeB%20Money%20Maker

Surely nobody wants a 3800 day old, Generation 1 bulls semen? The original owner is no longer in the game. Maybe semen could have an expiry date.

I also appeal to anyone selling semen, if it is not a show winner in its breed please don't sell it!

And an appeal to feeder bull semen sellers, if it is not up with the highest frames for the breed then don't sell it. Gelb's are touching 11.6-11.7 now (or will be) so anything under 11.1-11.2 shouldn't be listed.

If you have semen that is not selling please pull-it-out and dispose of it responsibly.

I don't want to rock the boat but I'm all at sea when searching through hundreds of old/useless bulls, it makes me seasick!
 KL Farms
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2014 9:57:57 AM reply with quote send message to KL Farms Object to Post

If you want it gone, buy it and dispose of it yourself. No need for a shelf life, good bulls get used up and old ones don't.
 summers ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/17/2014 12:31:00 PM reply with quote send message to summers ranch Object to Post

i agree with you srb semen should have an expire date weed out alot of the garbage that's in there now
 DBA
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2014 1:24:39 PM reply with quote send message to DBA Object to Post

Same goes for embryos. I did as KL Farms asked and bought every embryo that was for sale this morning. There are embryos from 2005 in the mix. 90% of them are all over 1 year old. If they haven't sold in 1 year....odds are good they are not going to sell. The embryo market is now clean and going forward hopefully we can have only the best of the best embryos from all producers for sale.
 The Harrison Cattle Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/17/2014 6:31:49 PM reply with quote send message to The Harrison Cattle Ranch Object to Post

Every ranch can do as it pleases with its bulls. It shouldn't matter if the bull is a "breed winner" because not everyone shows on here. For example, I have top simmi bulls Ive never shown a single day and their stats are very good so ill sell semen if id like. As far as the older semen, yes i agree it should be disposed of over time,but coming on here and telling people to not sell semen unless under such and such circumstances isn't going to fly. If we pay to play, we can do as we wish. That's just my $0.02.

Jen
 W1ldB1ll298
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/17/2014 6:42:22 PM reply with quote send message to W1ldB1ll298 Object to Post

i see no need for an expire date on semen... in real life there isnt any and there should not be here but i do agree with the inferior bulls if you dont like the bulls stats then dont use it

just my opinion so take it for what it is
 cwfeeders
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
12/17/2014 6:51:52 PM reply with quote send message to cwfeeders Object to Post

If anything, there should be a charge to store semen, in the real world, you can't store it for free. Storage fees would encourage people to dispose of older semen instead of keeping it around forever.
 SRB Farming
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/18/2014 7:14:43 AM reply with quote send message to SRB Farming Object to Post

KL I'm not going to waste money buying some douche bags rubbish semen which will just encourage them to list more. If you have deep pockets then you are welcome to this charitable suggestion.

DBA, thank you for your generous effort in buying up old embryos. However your good intentions could be leading you to bankruptcy as well as creating a false sense of expectation for the inferior semen and embryo sellers.

Harrison Cattle Ranch, please show your Simmi's so that you can be judged against your peers. We all pay fees (mostly) but it doesn’t mean you should do stupid things like pay to pull semen from inferior bulls and try sell it, stupid is as stupid does. A poor farmer is a poor farmer.

W1ldB1ll298, the bull I listed as an example is equivalent to a 70 year old bull in real life, no real life semen seller would store semen that long, expiry date or no expiry date, it’s uneconomical! Your remark about ‘not using the inferior bulls if you don't like the stats’ is sensible but proves my whole point, you still have to trawl through the rubbish to find anything decent - time is money nowadays. I know it’s only a game but running a sim ranch should be like running a real ranch – as a business - costs, costs, costs.

cwfeeders has a sensible comment, storage costs for semen and embryos should be charged. Dry ice storage tanks don’t come cheap, neither does milking the bull!

And for those who think having a few rules or guidelines laid down is a challenge to your rights, then this is for you: ‘Liberty is not the right to do as you please; liberty is the opportunity to do as you should’

Trial Account

Trial Account
12/18/2014 7:36:09 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

So you are expecting all semen to be "the best"? This makes it nearly impossible for beginners to improve their herd. When there is a large selection of bulls better than starter animals but not good enough to your quality. When you are starting off you cant always afford $200+ semen. In real life this would be like saying the only semen you can sell are bulls like monopoly...
 SRB Farming
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/18/2014 8:30:50 AM reply with quote send message to SRB Farming Object to Post

Slowly, slowly catch a monkey....

Trial accounts can only breed once a month after the first month, so you will go nowhere slowly anyway. Semen is also limited, and you'll not improve by buying rubbish.

You need to pay up to get the full benefit and if you start out with a feeder herd and build up a war-chest you can then go into showing. Personally I don't show anymore.

I have a second account which is a trial account - I don't use it much - but I did manage to build it up to $50,000 from a starter herd and a few bargins on the auctions. And no I did not buy from my paid up ranch.
 The 1812 Cattle Company
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/18/2014 8:52:25 AM reply with quote send message to The 1812 Cattle Company Object to Post

Totally agree with SRB too much rubbish semen on the market. I don't play much to warrant the sub but if I did I wouldn't want old crappy seman!
 Sage Brush Cattle Farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/18/2014 6:02:53 PM reply with quote send message to Sage Brush Cattle Farms Object to Post

I think it is up to the individual ranches to sell any semen they wish regardless the stats.
I agree with outdated semen shouldn't be sold.

If we allow one player to become the "Semen Police" to tell other what we can and cannot sell, then next it will be where we cannot sell cattle such as feeders because they're not champions.

No one should be forced to enter shows or sell only the best elite semen.

DONT LET ANY PLAYER REGULATE OUT RANCHES!!!
(That is Jeff's job)

Star T Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/18/2014 9:00:59 PM reply with quote send message to Star T Ranch Object to Post

I agree with Sage Brush!
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/19/2014 2:04:21 PM reply with quote send message to The Harrison Cattle Ranch Object to Post

posted by SRB Farming
KL I'm not going to waste money buying some douche bags rubbish semen which will just encourage them to list more. If you have deep pockets then you are welcome to this charitable suggestion.

DBA, thank you for your generous effort in buying up old embryos. However your good intentions could be leading you to bankruptcy as well as creating a false sense of expectation for the inferior semen and embryo sellers.

Harrison Cattle Ranch, please show your Simmi's so that you can be judged against your peers. We all pay fees (mostly) but it doesn’t mean you should do stupid things like pay to pull semen from inferior bulls and try sell it, stupid is as stupid does. A poor farmer is a poor farmer.

W1ldB1ll298, the bull I listed as an example is equivalent to a 70 year old bull in real life, no real life semen seller would store semen that long, expiry date or no expiry date, it’s uneconomical! Your remark about ‘not using the inferior bulls if you don't like the stats’ is sensible but proves my whole point, you still have to trawl through the rubbish to find anything decent - time is money nowadays. I know it’s only a game but running a sim ranch should be like running a real ranch – as a business - costs, costs, costs.

cwfeeders has a sensible comment, storage costs for semen and embryos should be charged. Dry ice storage tanks don’t come cheap, neither does milking the bull!

And for those who think having a few rules or guidelines laid down is a challenge to your rights, then this is for you: ‘Liberty is not the right to do as you please; liberty is the opportunity to do as you should’

Are you trying to say I pull semen off bad bulls and try to sell it? And are you calling me stupid? I sure hope not. Explain.
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/19/2014 2:05:16 PM reply with quote send message to The Harrison Cattle Ranch Object to Post

posted by Sage Brush Cattle Farms
I think it is up to the individual ranches to sell any semen they wish regardless the stats.
I agree with outdated semen shouldn't be sold.

If we allow one player to become the "Semen Police" to tell other what we can and cannot sell, then next it will be where we cannot sell cattle such as feeders because they're not champions.

No one should be forced to enter shows or sell only the best elite semen.

DONT LET ANY PLAYER REGULATE OUT RANCHES!!!
(That is Jeff's job)

I agree one million percent!
 Raines Cattle
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/19/2014 9:14:42 PM reply with quote send message to Raines Cattle Object to Post

I think you should be able to auction semen instead of 250 being highest available. Top bulls and horses in real life go for much higher prices.
 SRB Farming
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/20/2014 2:07:52 AM reply with quote send message to SRB Farming Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by The Harrison Cattle Ranch
posted by SRB Farming

Are you trying to say I pull semen off bad bulls and try to sell it? And are you calling me stupid? I sure hope not. Explain.

Question 1:
No, it is a general comment on ranchers who sell inferior semen, if you find yourself doing this then the answer is yes.

Question2: No comment, only you can explain your stupidity!

-----
Last edited by SRB Farming on 12/20/2014 2:12:45 AM
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/20/2014 12:52:02 PM reply with quote send message to The Harrison Cattle Ranch Object to Post

posted by SRB Farming
posted by SRB Farming

Question 1:
No, it is a general comment on ranchers who sell inferior semen, if you find yourself doing this then the answer is yes.

-----

Oh how sweet! What a smart mouth you have darling happy :) Calling people names (STUPID) is so elementary, this just shows your maturity level (:
 SRB Farming
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/21/2014 1:19:07 AM reply with quote send message to SRB Farming Object to Post

posted by SRB Farming
posted by SRB Farming

Question 1:

-----

Oh how sweet! What a smart mouth you have darling happy :) Calling people names (STUPID) is so elementary, this just shows your maturity level (:

And that's why women earn 75 cents to the dollar. I implied it, you inferred it.
 cwfeeders
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
12/22/2014 8:50:32 AM reply with quote send message to cwfeeders Object to Post

How does any of that have to do with what women earn, explain please.
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/22/2014 12:19:48 PM reply with quote send message to The Harrison Cattle Ranch Object to Post

So now you're sexist as well? First you call me stupid and now your dishing out some dirt on females? Scums like you never make it far my friend!
You know whats funny? Im not even mad, everyone is laughing at YOU because YOU'RE THE ONE THATS CLEARLY STUPID! This ends here, time to take out the trash. Im the better person here. Bye wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>