Search

Showcattle.com Forum · Brahman

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : 64.1 Brah Semen For sale
 smith stock farm
Agricultural Educator

System.__ComObject
12/26/2017 2:25:36 PM reply with quote send message to smith stock farm Object to Post   

Alright ear cattle enthusiast, Jojofarms and myslef have decided to offer the semen for $50,000 a straw. We are only letting so many straws go so get them while you can. we decided on this to possibly help more people instead of just one buyer of the bull.

www.showcattle.com/cattle.aspx?id=15612640
this is the bull. he is the only one we are letting semen go on.
14.4/14.8/3.9

If you have any questions or want to purchase some get with Jojofarm or myself. we would be glad to help any breeders we can.

thanks,
Jojo/S.S.F
 Bear Wallow Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/26/2017 5:57:14 PM reply with quote send message to Bear Wallow Ranch Object to Post

Let me guess, so you would like to get 10m showcattle money for him. Smells like a bubble. I guess i have been watching too much the stock market lately.
 Flex Show Cattle
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2017 9:49:53 PM reply with quote send message to Flex Show Cattle Object to Post

Good luck!!!
 smith stock farm
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
12/26/2017 10:05:20 PM reply with quote send message to smith stock farm Object to Post

well we have already sold 7 units to one player and have others waiting for people.

If you would like to buy him his price is much lower than 10m but good genetics dont come cheap.

S.S.F
 Bear Wallow Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/27/2017 2:17:11 PM reply with quote send message to Bear Wallow Ranch Object to Post

I have been away from the game for few years and honestly never though I will see straws sell for 50k. Im looking to get into a breed and it looks like Brahmans are the hot commodity right now. I though my 5m will get me a top quality herd. It looks like I was wrong.
 Dragon Hill Genetics
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/27/2017 2:29:20 PM reply with quote send message to Dragon Hill Genetics Object to Post

posted by Bear Wallow Ranch
I have been away from the game for few years and honestly never though I will see straws sell for 50k. Im looking to get into a breed and it looks like Brahmans are the hot commodity right now. I though my 5m will get me a top quality herd. It looks like I was wrong.
Jojo and Smith combined finances and bought out the tippy top Brah herd a couple months ago. (Used to be GNS[Gold N Silver] herd. He offered it up for sale for less than a week, not caring about getting the highest bid and chose those two to take over.)

If you are willing to settle for #2-#4 and put some work into breeding up, you will spend a LOT less than what Jojo/Smith are asking for the Brahs they rarely sell. Jojo/Smith will never sell the tippy top, anyways(not for anything someone is willing to pay), so if they continue to breed the top brahs, you will never catch up to them. (Only if they stop breeding/sell out)
 Gold N Silver
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/27/2017 5:22:06 PM reply with quote send message to Gold N Silver Object to Post

There was public annoucments- forum post and chat annoucment.

It sold in three days- no different timing then most auctions on the sim.

Actually there was many bidders.

Actually it did go to the highest offer.

Don't paint me out to be some jerk just becasue you missed out!
 III
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/27/2017 6:31:38 PM reply with quote send message to III Object to Post

I disagree dragon
 Dragon Hill Genetics
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/27/2017 7:53:23 PM reply with quote send message to Dragon Hill Genetics Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Gold N Silver
There was public annoucments- forum post and chat annoucment.

It sold in three days- no different timing then most auctions on the sim.

Actually there was many bidders.

Actually it did go to the highest offer.

Don't paint me out to be some jerk just becasue you missed out!

My apologies if that is how it sounded. It was meant as the opposite, actually. You, yourself, had stated that it wasn't the highest bid you were looking for but, rather someone who would actively continue the breeding program and push the breed further.

The fact that you said you weren't looking for just the highest amount of money you could get speaks volumes to your character.

It was said as a good thing. Too much of this sim has focused on money, money, money lately. It needs to get back to the betterment of breeds as a whole. With trying to get more breeders into the fold, getting back into the showing side and the friendly competition that the site was meant to be. Not just who has the largest bank account. And you were looking at the former, not the latter. That was a good thing.

(I didn't "miss out" on them. I never wanted them dirty eared, flappy skinned.... things. :P )

-----
Last edited by Dragon Hill Genetics on 12/27/2017 8:00:19 PM
 JoJofarm
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/28/2017 6:40:31 AM reply with quote send message to JoJofarm Object to Post

posted by Dragon Hill Genetics
posted by Bear Wallow Ranch
Jojo and Smith combined finances and bought out the tippy top Brah herd a couple months ago. (Used to be GNS[Gold N Silver] herd. He offered it up for sale for less than a week, not caring about getting the highest bid and chose those two to take over.)

If you are willing to settle for #2-#4 and put some work into breeding up, you will spend a LOT less than what Jojo/Smith are asking for the Brahs they rarely sell. Jojo/Smith will never sell the tippy top, anyways(not for anything someone is willing to pay), so if they continue to breed the top brahs, you will never catch up to them. (Only if they stop breeding/sell out)

I'd like to comment on the "Jojo/Smith will never sell the tippy top,anyways(not for anything someone is willing to pay), so if they continue to breed the top brahs, you will never catch up to them."

That is completely incorrect. I have never been approached by you to buy anything. Nothing is ever off limits and everything has it's price. I have always known what my cattle are worth, as I have worked very hard and very long on this game to acquire some of the best genetics. I will not let them go for less than what they are worth. I ask fair and reasonable prices. If that is more than you are willing to pay, does not mean it is not reasonable or the correct price.

I do agree that you can easily be competitive in Brahs or any breed if you are okay being second tier.
 smith stock farm
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
1/1/2018 12:13:55 PM reply with quote send message to smith stock farm Object to Post

Thanks to everyone who has purchased semen so far, we look forward to seeing how it serves you.

S.S.F
 smith stock farm
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
1/25/2018 1:04:00 PM reply with quote send message to smith stock farm Object to Post

Still some semen on this great bull. Here is some links to some calves he has produced.

www.showcattle.com/cattle.aspx?id=16058385
5 time breed champ at only 21 days old, he works for crosses

www.showcattle.com/cattle.aspx?id=16123938
Nice brah donor prospect from Bar CF money on semen they purchased.

www.showcattle.com/cattle.aspx?id=16075703
Nice home raised future donor here at my place.

S.S.F

Replies in this thread : 11