Search

Showcattle.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Bidding on your own stock
 Honey Rock Ranch
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/5/2018 12:36:27 PM reply with quote send message to Honey Rock Ranch Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I remember reading somewhere that if u bid on your own auction cattle, that it will affect a rating or something like that. Where do you go to find that information out about a particular ranch/person?

-----
Last edited by Honey Rock Ranch on 5/5/2018 12:36:52 PM
 Diversify
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
5/5/2018 2:49:01 PM reply with quote send message to Diversify Object to Post

I am not sure where to find that rating. I have heard about it as well.
 Honey Rock Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2018 3:00:42 PM reply with quote send message to Honey Rock Ranch Object to Post

It has happened to me recently, that the owner bid against me, so... I want to see them Pay!!! lol
 FLA
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2018 8:35:36 PM reply with quote send message to FLA Object to Post

They no longer use it
 Honey Rock Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2018 8:58:21 PM reply with quote send message to Honey Rock Ranch Object to Post

Booo??, but hey that means things can change around here!
 Ruby Sunset Farms
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/9/2018 2:48:45 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Sunset Farms Object to Post

When I used to play I remember the auction ratings! That was back in like 2006 or 2007 though. It was helpful to know if someone was going to try to rise the price on you. I didn't even remember until I read this post though. There was a few players with pretty bad auction ratings though.
 YO Daddy Show Cattle
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/9/2018 4:53:21 PM reply with quote send message to YO Daddy Show Cattle Object to Post

Just my 2cents but the seller should be able to set some type of reserve before listing it. I don’t like bidding or getting bid up on either, but if I’m not getting what I think an animal is worth, then I personally dont feel bad about buying it back.
 Harvey Cattle Co
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
5/9/2018 6:48:08 PM reply with quote send message to Harvey Cattle Co Object to Post

You can set a reserve as seller, however limit is currently 25k.

HARV
 Diversify
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
5/10/2018 1:44:54 AM reply with quote send message to Diversify Object to Post

yes, your starting bid is essentially your reserve.
 Dookins Crossing
Trial Account

Trial Account
5/10/2018 9:26:41 AM reply with quote send message to Dookins Crossing Object to Post

If you have a reserve you want that is higher than 25k, the thing you should be doing is bid the reserve you want right away and then big AGAIN the same reserve so that the price is then set at that reserve.

I have no problem with someone doing that.
I do have a problem with someone bidding on their own cattle with an unknown reserve(they set a proxy bid).
And people who bid with their other ranches thinking they are being sneaky.
Hint: You aren't being sneaky.
 Diversify
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
5/10/2018 9:56:45 PM reply with quote send message to Diversify Object to Post

Agreed Dookins!

Replies in this thread : 10