Search

Showcattle.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Bult ET Tool
 Diversify
Agricultural Educator

System.__ComObject
5/10/2018 1:49:49 AM reply with quote send message to Diversify Object to Post   

Ok, so this may seem like a really lame question.. but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

when using the Bulk ET tool, you select a specific pasture to implant embryos into.. I always assumed it would only do the Green cattle... but I am beginning to suspect otherwise. Will it also try the Yellow heat cattle as well?? is that why I'm getting so many lost embryo's now that I have quit buying recips and have my own herd of them?

If thats the case... its going to get really irritating quickly.. lol cause how the heck am I gonna separate the green ones out into another pasture? Before I didn't have to think about it, because my greens were always in my purchased cattle pasture. Easy peasy. But there isn't a way to sort greens into anything other than pens, is there? and Pens don't help with breeding.
 feeederhaven
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2018 2:13:13 AM reply with quote send message to feeederhaven Object to Post

It will implant any open female in the pasture selected.

You'd have to split them up or ET the greens individually.
 GrassFarmer
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2018 2:06:32 PM reply with quote send message to GrassFarmer Object to Post

It only implants greens.
 Dookins Crossing
Trial Account

Trial Account
5/10/2018 7:50:18 PM reply with quote send message to Dookins Crossing Object to Post

It only implants Greens. I have had both greens and yellows in same pasture, used bulk implant and only the greens were implanted.

The age of your embryos and if the recips are heifers can affect your %.
 Diversify
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
5/10/2018 9:03:46 PM reply with quote send message to Diversify Object to Post

well, I went ahead and split them up, to try and see if my transplants went any better. I have been loosing an average of 50% of my embryos when transferring, and that isn't into 30 day cattle to my knowledge.

Soooo we shall see if it makes a difference. because when I was implanting into a pasture that only had greens in it, I wasn't having this many failures during the transplant process.
 Diversify
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
5/15/2018 4:03:44 PM reply with quote send message to Diversify Object to Post

Ok, so I split all my open recipts up into groups, and today i transferred 50+ Embryos and only lost 3, transferring using a pasture that had ONLY green cows in it!

This is a Significantly better number than loosing as many as I used to!

I think i shall stick with this method!

Replies in this thread : 5