Search

Showcattle.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : I'm back.........
 Fleckviek Simmental Ranch II
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/1/2018 9:37:58 PM reply with quote send message to Fleckviek Simmental Ranch II Object to Post   

To rule the simmi's!! Lol unfortunately my old ranch is millions in the hole so it's dead.. Hopefully there is some semen still floating around, I know some white simmi semen is, but if not I'll just start over.

I see some changes have been made to the market again. Can someone explain the changes?
 Harty Har Har
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2018 3:41:28 AM reply with quote send message to Harty Har Har Object to Post

I would also like to know about the market changes. Also, it seems like pasture bulls are not covering cows?
 Flex Show Cattle
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2018 7:45:19 AM reply with quote send message to Flex Show Cattle Object to Post

I am not sure what to tell you about the market, but if you are looking for some pretty nice simmentals talk to Diversify.
 Advantage Cattle
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/3/2018 8:07:24 AM reply with quote send message to Advantage Cattle Object to Post

I'm fairly certain market prices haven't changed for a few years, only difference is the current price
 Fleckviek Simmental Ranch II
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/4/2018 2:38:12 AM reply with quote send message to Fleckviek Simmental Ranch II Object to Post

Mainly the price?? It's quadrupled in the last year!!
 Harty Har Har
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/4/2018 3:18:04 AM reply with quote send message to Harty Har Har Object to Post

I think the highest price before had been in the 300s.

In the auctions, sales and such is where I’m most interested : it seems that now even HF cows have an amazing price tag attached to them (..but they can’t bulk breed an entire pasture right?), there is a lot of HF feeders floating around (what would be the normal price to pay for 0day HF feeders?), and HF greens... (back then greens were easy access recips, wouldn’t the high frame tag make them more expensive and thus... basically I’m now confused at what they are used for now.) I’m just confused, not bashing the current trends.

Herefold breeder seem to have opened their gates a bit, making it easier to get some of decent quality. Is there any other news about other breeds?
 Big B Land and Cattle Company
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/4/2018 12:14:07 PM reply with quote send message to Big B Land and Cattle Company Object to Post

I've been back for about 2 months now and these are some of the changes I've noticed...

Market price has obviously jumped a ton. I don't really see this as a bad thing considering how long it could take a new ranch to start really making money. This large jump in market price appears to be one of several reasons why HF feeders are such a hot commodity now. Black HF are even higher. You will make a lot more money if your feeders are all 14.7+ and black vs 14+ Spotted Light Red.

Another thing that I've noticed is that feeding PSM seems to be a much smaller issue than before. When I left, all the big ranches were almost all exclusively feeding PSM and some even refused to purchase cattle not on PSM, claiming that 100-100-100 fed cattle were all just inflated stats. I would assume that's because there is no longer a price tag on custom rations. I'm beyond glad that we've gone away from that mentality(for the most part).
 Harty Har Har
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2018 1:11:40 PM reply with quote send message to Harty Har Har Object to Post

Custom rations are free?
 Big B Land and Cattle Company
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2018 2:46:39 PM reply with quote send message to Big B Land and Cattle Company Object to Post

Yes, they are currently free. My entire ranch is on custom rations.
 doublec
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2018 6:44:34 PM reply with quote send message to doublec Object to Post

Really? I went to make a custom ration and it shows a price... do they just not charge it or what?
 Beck farms
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2018 8:17:00 PM reply with quote send message to Beck farms Object to Post

It says it costs whatever. But it will not be charged.

Replies in this thread : 10