Search

Showcattle.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Citrus pulp
 Twisted K Ranch
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/7/2018 5:35:35 PM reply with quote send message to Twisted K Ranch Object to Post   

Has anyone in real life fed their cattle citrus pulp pellets as a protein source? And if so were there any problems that occurred in its usage?
 Honey Rock Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/7/2018 8:37:26 PM reply with quote send message to Honey Rock Ranch Object to Post

I was curious so did a little research, it seems to be more of an energy feed, about 6 percent protein. They recommend substituting about 1/2 of the corn in dairy cattle ration for example. Maybe the pellets you have access to are higher in protein.
 KingPocosStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2018 4:19:14 PM reply with quote send message to KingPocosStar Object to Post

I haven’t, but wouldn’t alfalfa work? Either pellet, cube, or loose hay. I’d personally replace some grass hay with loose alfalfa hay so you don’t cut into grain rations. I’d think that would be the most effective source of protein.
 Cotton State Cattle Company
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2018 7:59:03 PM reply with quote send message to Cotton State Cattle Company Object to Post

Distilers grain is the way to go. Not sure what area of the country you are in, but if you can get it do it

Replies in this thread : 3